Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Monday, February 23, 2009

A visit and kitchen makeover

Most of y'all know, sister lives in Boston~ sometimes!

They have a wonderful house on the South Shore. It is the perfect east coast get away for me and I don't get the chance to visit often enough.
When they bought their home they had visions of renovating the kitchen. Well, the project is finally done, and it is just perfect! These are some before shots~
The sign of the best renovation is when you walk in the door and wonder 'now what is it that is new?'
The cabinets and trim just work.
The floors and countertops are comfortable and functional. I loved the black and white tiles before... but these are so calming. The appliances are softly disguised as more cabinets. Freezers are all tucked into drawers.
The furniture can be used in so many different ways and is comfortable and cozy.
I can't think of a thing that could be improved... except maybe a garbage disposal (heaven forbid!!) I did have to bring in a touch of the south.
Now y'all can visit her blog as well! She has been blogging for a while, but kept it private and people could only visit by invitation. Silly! This will be so much easier for her. I'll put her on my side bar so you can find her. Stop in and say 'hey y'all'.

Sandi

10 comments:

barb cabot said...

Just Beautiful Sandi. Thanks for posting. Have fun.

Sherri said...

Wow Sandi! Love your new flooring and the wonderful transformation of the cabinets. It is just lovely.

Holledayz said...

OMG, Sis, you have only been home for about 6 hours. If you posted this from the plane I want a lesson!
Loved having you visit!

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

How gorgeous! Absolutely beautiful!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

How gorgeous! I love the clocks. Her home is absolutley amazing!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Barb~ I am a bad slow traveler... and didn't even make a phone call for a GTG!
Sherri~ Thanks for popping in.
Hollydayz~ I posted it ahead of time. It is the ONLY way to post everyday of the month.
Farmgirl~ The pictures really don't do it justice!
Leigh~ She keeps one clock on Boston time and one on London time... it helps to keep tabs.

Barb said...

beautiful,love the touch of the south....Barb

Darius T. Williams said...

Yup - this is just plain beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful makeover! I love the new floor. It reminds me of the cape beach houses with the simple white cabinets. Not sure if you know that I grew up north of Boston. I really enjoyed this post. Thanks for the link to your sister's blog.

Justabeachkat said...

Gorgeous! I'll go now and visit her blog.

Hugs!
Kat

Related Posts with Thumbnails