Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fat Tuesday

Fat Tuesday... it's all about the Moon Pies and beads.
This is the end of Mardi Gras season in the south~ everywhere I guess. No where is it celebrated like it is on the the gulf coast. NOLA they throw the beads in Mobile they are known for their moon pies... you can hear people calling.

"Throw me sum moon pie!"
In the past I have posted a recipe for a quick and easy King Cake, complete with a baby inside. Tonight we party...
Y'all enjoy~ tomorrow Lent begins!
Sandi

6 comments:

nancyhol said...

Yikes! It's Ash Wednesday already?

I love the beads - and the Moon Pie too!

Anonymous said...

I knew about the beads, but not about the Moon Pies, well I know about Moon Pies, but not that they are thrown at Mardi Gras. My former principal used to order a king's cake from New Orleans for us, our new principal does not feel that connection. Let the good times roll, or at least when Lent is over.

Anonymous said...

It always has been about the moon pies!

Sandi McBride said...

I pulled out all my beads from years past, then wished I was in Mobile...for a moonpie...beads I got...tons of em...don't ask.
Sandi

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Nancy~ Lent has snuck up on us this year
marcia~ How funny about your principal... he'd have to be a good guy.
Josh~ I love it when you drop in out of the HOV lane!
Sandi~ I have heard stories!! I bet you have some to share ;-)

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I have been playing catch up today, Sandi, on my blog reading! I loved your thankful post...and that Wheaten certain needs an introduction to Miss Daisy! I am going to check out your King cake recipe!

Happy Day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails