Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Super simple side

I recently posted my recipe for Lemon Caper Chicken and served it with grilled broccoli for a healthy dinner. Lianne asked for my recipe for grilling broccoli. I am almost embarrassed to admit how simple it is.
~And here y'all have been thinking I am some fancy super southern cook. There is nothing difficult about roasting broccoli in the oven.
It is quick and easy and goes with anything!

Grilled Broccoli
2 cups broccoli florets
1 onion, cut into wedges
3 Tbs olive oil
Kosher salt/ garlic salt
Preheat oven to 400°
Toss the broccoli and onions with olive oil to coat. Spread onto a cookie sheet, sprinkle with salt. Roast in a hot oven for 10 minutes until caramelized and tender.
Now y'all know my secrets!
Sandi

9 comments:

Lianne said...

Yea! I was hoping you'd share this! Now I know just what I will do with that broccoli in the fridge tonight! :) This sounds wonderful--Thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

Sandi - the simple recipes are the best ones!

2 Dogs said...

I love broccoli. Love it everything like Bubba loves shrimp.

Lianne said...

Sandi,

I made the chicken and the broccoli for dinner tonight. They were a hit! So delicious--even though I didn't have any capers. Thanks for sharing!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

That sounds so yummy...m..

"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...

I love broccoli so this is definitely a keeper!!! I'd love it if you'd follow my blog! Join my follower's list and make my day!!!

Have a great week!

Jamie @ Dear Diary
www.oktxok.blogspot.com

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

right up my alley!

Anonymous said...

There is not a vegetable out there that isn't better roasted than steamed IMHO. Think we will have some of that broccoli this weekend.

Lisa Pogue said...

So THAT's how it's done? Can't wait to try it!! Thanks so much!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails