Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Friday, February 06, 2009

Lemon Caper Chicken

We are still trying to 'scale back'. My scale doesn't seem to be moving very much. I am still trying. As long as the food is yummy...

Here is another great light recipe... good food= satisfaction in my book. With something healthy in front of me I am more likely to keep it up.
Lemon Caper Chicken
4 chicken breasts
10 cloves garlic
3 T olive oil
Juice of one lemon
1/4 cup chicken broth
1T capers
1 T oregano
Place chicken breasts on top of the garlic cloves. top with olive oil, lemon juice and broth. Cover with capers and oregano. Cover and bake for 30 minutes, uncover and bake until the temp of the chicken reaches 160° -165° .
Serve with rice and some grilled broccoli , a salad on the side and that is healthy eating.

Y'all enjoy!
Sandi

9 comments:

Chef E said...

Num num num num num...that looks good to me :)

Framed by Grace said...

That looks delicious! Do you know how to cook venison?? I need suggestions!

"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...

That sounds so yummy and it is light! I am the only person in my family that loves and appreciates capers. Maybe I can sneak this recipe in.... see how they like it. :)

Lianne said...

That looks fantastic. "Grilled broccoli?" That sounds great, too... How do you do it?

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

DramaCity~ I'll be honest... I've never cooked venison. I know plenty who have used our marinade on venison and say it's great.
Hello~ I think you could add more capers... but then I like capers too.

barb cabot said...

Sandi this title caught my eye right away. Sounds so good, looks divine!

Holledayz said...

Looks yummy - love capers and lemon together. Try switching to brown rice - better for you, Sis!

Justabeachkat said...

Something yummy and light and easy! Yeah!!

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

i loooove capers. i add them to a lot of my meat dishes, salads and even fish cakes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails