Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Did someone say chalk?

I finally gave in to the urge to buy some chalkboard paint. Everyone has been talking about painting with chalkboard paint and I just had to see for myself.
How much fun is this??
First I had to make a run to the thrift store... somehow painting other peoples old junk is more fun than painting my own old junk. A silver tray, and look at this cute pizza pan~ Baker's Secret.

It is as easy as 1-2-3. It did take several coats to get the coverage I wanted.
And the end result is so cute. The ideas are endless. I really think Bill could use a wall like this in his office. Until then, I will be happy with my new chalkboard in the kitchen.
I'm linking up to Kimba's 'do it yourself day'~
Y'all enjoy!
Sandi

12 comments:

Char said...

i love the canister set I saw using this and then you write on the side what's in it.

Beth said...

I love the chalkboard wall!

Delightful Dwelling said...

They look great. Isn't chalkboard paint fun? I feel like a kid again playing with chalk. =)

Anonymous said...

I have a can of chalkboard paint that we used to make a board for our VBS 's that we had this summer. I still have most of the can left and STILL haven't used it for anything else!! What is wrong with me!!

blessings
mary

Lisa said...

I have a strip of chalkboard paint up in my kitchen. It makes a border and we put quotes on it from time to time. It is fun. I love your ideas!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Char~ cute idea
Beth~ Bill would really stay orgaized with that.
Audra~ I am keeping my eyes open for christmas ideas.
Delight~ delightful :-)
mary~ there is soooo much you can do!
Lisa~ I have to hop over and check that out... sounds cute

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

great! I love chalkboards!
gail

Lisa Pogue said...

Hey, I am so glad you posted this. I've been wanting to try that chalkboard paint too. Now you've given me an idea. Thanks a bunch, can't wait to try it out!!

Monica said...

OMG!! This chalkboard wall is FABULOUS! My hubby would like it too!!!!
Thanks for sharing, and for your always lovely words! I'm adding you to my sidebar, so I can visit more often! I'd like to make my rounds everyday to say hello to each and every person, but you know how 'real life' is...
Monicax.

Cora said...

I've done this same thing on old trays! Ha!
Love chalkboard paint!

Angie said...

That is the cutest chalkboard wall, and I love your plate too, what a great idea!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Love it too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails