Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Thursday, June 24, 2010

Pomodori e Vino ~Butter & Sage

This week's challenge for Pomodori e Vino is 'Borro Oro e Salvia' ~Golden Butter and Sage~ Doesn't that just sound like a pinch of heaven?

I have some lovely sage in the garden. This recipe couldn't be simpler. First you brown the butter until golden and add the fresh sage leaves, turning after a few minutes to get them crispy.

Marcella says that this is best eaten with fresh pasta... so here we go! I put on my pasta apron and made some fresh tortolloni.

The pasta was light and fresh. The browned butter and sage sauce fabulous. Topped with a touch of Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Perfetto!
Ciao y'all~
Sandi
Y'all look at my comment from Marcella on the Pomodori e Vino blog...
Sandi, who could have imagined an Alabama belle making such deft
tortelloni! You've proven that if one really loves pasta one doesn't have
to settle for second-rate store bought stuff. It has to do with whether
eating well is worth making an effort or not. And that, I understand, is
what Southern cooks know something about.

2 comments:

It's Just Dottie said...

I can not get sage to grow in my graden. I plant it every spring and by June it is dead. I live very low on the Gulf Coast.
Dottie

Our Porch in Hillsborough said...

Wow! Tortolloni - that seems like a pretty advanced pasta shape. The recipe sounds yummy, but I'm with Dottie, sage doesn't do well in my garden. Maybe I'll look for some at the farmer's market this weekend and try your dish!

Related Posts with Thumbnails