Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Cooking Challenge~Pomodori E Vino


This is the biggest, and possibly craziest challenge I have ever been a part of. I am among a group of 9 who are going to cook our way through Marcella Hazan's cookbook Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking.

For those of you who may not know who Marcella Hazan is, she has been credited with bringing true Italian cooking to America. She has won numerous awards, including a knighthood from her home country of Italy.


Amacord is her autobiography, and a fascinating read. Her life growing up in war torn Italy and the beginnings of her cooking schools in America. I admire her, and hope one day to meet her.
(Which is why I hope we can get through this challenge without slaying her recipes and techniques.)

We have decided to post our recipes daily on Facebook in a group called Pomodori e Vino~ which means tomatoes and wine. I hope that all y'all will become friends and follow along this process.
We get started this sunday.
Wish us luck.
Ciao y'all!
Sandi

16 comments:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Yummmmm...I can't wait to see what you have to offer!

deborah.horn@petsburg.com said...

Sandi, I just posted our first blog entry. Go take a look.

Elz said...

Good luck, sounds like a yummy goal!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Magnolia~ you can also follow us on facebook... if you are a facebooker
Deborah~ I'll make a link!
Elz~ It is Yummy! I just hope we can do justice to her recipes.

A Tale of Two Cities said...

Good luck, Sandi, with your project! Sounds like a lot of fun and a lot of good eating along the way!

Debi

Unknown said...

I can't wait to follow along.

Justabeachkat said...

Yum...sure wished I lived close enough to come and be your "taste tester".

Good luck.

Hugs!
Kat

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Sandi! Thanks for coming by to say hello! My favorite movie is Fried Green Tomatoes! I even have a sign in my kitchen! Now i just need to buy some batter and I am all set! Good luck cooking! Mj

Tanna said...

Sandi, that challenge sounds fun! Can't wait to hear updates! Love the title, pomodori e vino! Can't go wrong with that! =)

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Debi &Debra~ I will be posting on Thursdays. Facebooking on Fridays.
Kat~ We will need some tastetesters! There is no way Bill will eat some of these recipes.
MaryJane~ I hope you can find that batter at a market near you. If not let me know~ we'll give them a call!

barb cabot said...

I can hardly wait! I admire all of you who participate.

Gigi said...

I can hardly wait...has the page been created on Facebook? I couldn't locate it?

Unknown said...

Let's do this!! I'll be a tester!!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Noni~ I missed your comment earlier. Tomatoes and wine just about covers it all.
Barb~ I know you'll be following along.
GiGi~ I assume you could search for pomodori e vino, we'll have a blog you can check too.
Rob~ you come take photos and I'll do the cooking... we'll be happy to share.

candi said...

Sandi,
I wish you guys good luck. I got the book yesterday, and the recipes look very interesting and some a bit challenging. I am sure it'll be fun.
I'll be cheering you all on!

Nishant said...

ounds like a yummy goal!
home jobs india

Related Posts with Thumbnails