Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday's Favorite ♥Linky Party♥

Welcome to our Friday's Favorite Linky party~

Y'all leave your link, and let us know what your ♥favorite♥ is this week.
My favorite is Skinny~ precisely Gina's Skinny Recipes She always has fabulous recipes, that are low in fat and calories. The girl rocks!
This recipe for a Diet Soda Cake sounded to good to be true. I tried it... and Gina's Right! It is to good and true.

Diet Soda Cake
1 dry box cake, any flavor
10 oz diet soda, any flavor
2 egg whites
Baking spray
Preheat oven according to box directions. Spray 9 x 13 pan.
Beat cake mix, diet soda and egg whites. Pour into pan.
Bake as directed on box, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
Let cake cool about 10 minutes before cutting. Cut into 12 pieces. Top with fat free whipped cream if you wish.
You can also make 24 cup cakes which would be only 1.75 points each
I used a devils food cake mix. (yes Jerry, a mix!) and a can of diet Buffalo Rock Gingerale (I have sung the praises of Buffalo Rock Gingerale before). They puffed up to 12 beautiful large cupcakes. They were light and chocolatey with a hint of ginger. I topped each with Raspberries and a raspberry glaze.
Fabulous Favorite!
Y'all link up with your favorites~ and grab a cupcake :-)
Sandi

8 comments:

Tanna said...

Oh, my gosh, Sandi!! Those look DELICIOUS and so very tempting! I can almost smell them. I'm going to have to look for a favorite to post!!

Mari said...

These look good! I have a similar recipe which calls for 1 cake mix and a can of pumpkin. That's it! It makes fudgy cupcakes that are 2 points each.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the link love!

Simona Carini said...

Using diet soda in a cake is definitely not something I would have thought. The cupcakes look delicious. And we must have been on the same wavelength, since my Friday Favorite is baking. Happy Friday!

Sandi McBride said...

Can't wait to try this and will be using Good Old Blenheim (diet) Gingerale, made right here South Carolina...looks wonderful!
Sandi

Deborah said...

Mmmmmm. Those look good!

Nishant said...

I'm going to have to look for a favorite to post!!
home jobs india

Leslie said...

OK, I now use part of a can of lemonade in my scones, using a packet scone mix - they are so light and fluffy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails