Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Monday, March 22, 2010

Lemon Risotto

I am craving spring, like someone craves chocolate. We have had just enough sunshine, amongst the showers, to make the daffodils all raise their heads, the forsythia is blooming and the robins are back.
My Limoncello is brewing, and I still have lemons to use. I decided to try this lemon risotto. This is a spring time comfort food~ if there is such a thing.

Lemon Risotto
1 lemon
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 cup Arborio rice
1/2 cup white wine
3 cups boiling chicken stock
1/2 cup frozen Petite Peas
1/4 cup mascarpone cheese or creme fresh
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Saute diced onion in olive oil until tender, add rice and stir to coat. In another pan, heat chicken stock to a simmer. Zest and juice lemon and set aside. Once the rice is clear in color, add white wine and lemon juice. Cook the risotto in the traditional way by adding the broth one scoop at a time. Add the last of the broth with peas to the risotto as you normally would, giving a stir and cooking until most of the liquid is absorbed. Just before serving, briskly stir in lemon zest and mascarpone, salt and pepper to taste. Top with fresh parsley.
This goes great with seafood, or shrimp, or just like it is. It is light and fresh... just like a taste of spring.
Y'all enjoy,
Sandi

9 comments:

Monica said...

Sandi,
this truly sounds divine! I'll give it a try, that's for sure! I love anything with lemon.
Have a terrific week,
Monicax.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I love risotto...and this sounds yummmy - lemon rocks my world like chocolate rocks most of my friends. I will try it out. Have a happy Monday.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Monica~ the lemon and the sweet peas is yummy.
Magnolia~ Give me a choice between a lemon bar and a brownie... I'll take the lemon every time.

Maya said...

Sounds delicious. I love rice..., and risotto's are so easy to make -bookmarked!!

Patty said...

Lemon risotto is the perfect "welcome springtime" dish! Thanks for posting, I can't wait to try it out!

Dar said...

Sounds lem-icious! My grandson just had a 7th birthday. When asked what kind of cake he wanted, he said 'lemon', icing,'lemon', to drink,'lemonade', a snack, 'lemon pudding with whipped cream'...I think he likes lemon...will have to try this recipe on him.
Blessya

kanishk said...

the lemon and the sweet peas is yummy.
home jobs without registration

Chef E said...

Now I have to try this! I love lemons and I love peas! That is almost the beginning of a poem...'Ode to lemon, and peas...'!

Nishant said...

I love anything with lemon.
home jobs india

Related Posts with Thumbnails