Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Light and crunchy granola

I have posted a recipe before for a really yummy Nutty Granola. It is good with yogurt, or just by itself as a snack.
Since we've been trying to shave calories and shed pounds I went on the search for another, lighter variation.
Light and Crunchy Granola
4 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 Tbs butter
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup dried fruit
1/2 cup orange juice
Preheat to 350
Soak the fruit in OJ and set aside. Melt the butter, and toss all ingredients together. Spread onto a cookie sheet and bake until golden 20-25 minutes. Stir once or twice.

The result? Good. Not Great.
But not as good as the nutty sweet and crunchy granola. I wonder why?

Good enough to sprinkle on my yogurt for that bit of crunch.
Yall enjoy,
Sandi

5 comments:

angie said...

that sounds so delicious

Jerry said...

OK. I am awaiting the apology for the shameful mocking I endured when I suggested that the famous nutty granola wasn't very healthy. Remember that? Hmmmm . . . . apology . . . where are you?

Polly said...

Really sounds yummy!!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Jerry~ I just don't know what y'all are talking about.
Angie &Polly~ This is yummy and delicious

Nishant said...

have fun
home jobs india

Related Posts with Thumbnails