Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday's are for cookin'

Sunday's are for cookin' around the Mc's house. Now that I am home again... I will need to get back into the kitchen.
Until then~ I'll post a few pictures of our cooking class in Bologna.
We spent the day with Marcello, Raffaella and Francesca learning to make traditional foods from the region. We had pasta lessons from the master~ Francesca is the most beautiful pasta maker in Bologna!Starting with the bright orange yolks of Emilia Romagna.I did well... except for a slight problem when my perfect sheet of pasta ended up on the floor. Porca Miseria!
We made garganelli... tiny rolls of pasta.I even brought home my own pasta roller.(thank you Raffaella!) We also made tortelloni, filled with a light ricotta. I'll do a whole separate post on that ~It was all fabulous! The most wonderful thing was being able to spend a day in Rafaella's kitchen. If you are ever planning a trip to Italy and want to experience the passion of wine, food and cooking...
Bluone~Food Lover's Adventure will accommodate! They not only will do cooking classes, but the whole food lover's adventure.
Spending time with them was one of the highlights of my trip!
In fact I am working on arranging a marriage...
Ciao y'all~
Sandi

10 comments:

Chef E said...

I am glad you wrote about this, we did a supposedly 'food' adventure and it was basically a girl taking us from one wine eno teca to a market and that was it! I felt cheated, but what do you do?

Yours looks like a fabulous time, and love the pasta maker! Or aren't YOU the pasta maker, lol!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I have enjoyed this arm chair journey through Italy Sandi.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Oh my, Sandi! What an incredible time you had!

girasoli said...

Love your photos! What a treat to take a cooking class with Bluone. I am really looking forward to your post on tortelloni filled with a light ricotta - one of my favorite dishes.

Dar said...

Bravo, Bravo...wonderful entry.
Ya gotta love those farm fresh eggs.
Your pasta looks delicious. I can't wait for more on the recipes.
BlessYourKitchen

Haaaa, verification word is 'suppr'

Our Porch in Hillsborough said...

Your pasta is very impressive - even if it did end up on the floor! What a great experience - I'm intimidated by pasta (making it, not eating it!). Perhaps you could teach classes here?
Ciao!
Leah

Justabeachkat said...

Still so jealous of your time there.

Arranging a marriage. Do tell more.

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

It was such a good time - even better because one got to share it with good friends!

Where is that picture of the pasta on the floor?

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

E~ if you ever want to do another food adventure I can hook you up with the right people. This is top of the line!
Val&Pat~ I'm glad y'all are following along.
Girasoli~ don't let me forget. I have so many things to 'tell'
Dar~ The eggs had the most unusual orange color... they make that fantastic bright pasta.
Leah & Jerry~ the pasta on the floor was a near tragedy. The photos did not end up on my camera...THAT has me worried!
Kat~ Franchesca is the cutest Italian pasta maker. I told her she could be my daughter-n-law. The rest we will have to leave up to fate.

Lisa Pogue said...

This is so very cool! The lessons you learned and even got your own pasta roller officially from Italy? What more can a girl ask for? I can taste the tortelloni now, yum!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails