Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Just a train ride away~

Bill and I are doing our best to stay in touch by skype... this is from the garden in Montisi. Isn't the internet AmAzing?? From Montisi, I hopped the train to Venice and I am settled into my tiny room at the Hotel Abbazia~ this place is fabulous! It is an old abby... converted to a modern hotel with internet. I'm thrilled to be spending a few days in Venice ~sono da sola. I am meeting up with my 'cooking partner' at the Rialto market to work on our Pomodori e Vino project... more on that tomorrow.
In the mean time, a first meal in Venice at Al Buso, just under the Rialto Bridge. Buon Appetito y'all,
Sandi

7 comments:

Mari said...

Skype is wonderful. We use it sometimes to visit with our army son. I'm enjoying your pictures - beautiful!

Tanna said...

Skype keeps me going! I don't know what I would do if I couldn't see my sweet grandson on Skype a few times a week! It is amazing! Ciao!!

Sandy said...

Oh my goodness...this sounds like a dream or a movie! I so want to make it to Venice some day.

Chef E said...

Oh my gosh, hubby and I ate there two years ago when we visited Venice! Was a wondrous place! love the skype photo, too funny, and enjoy!

girasoli said...

I have been following your Italy blog posts. Lucky you to be in Venice!! One of my favorite places. Enjoy!! I am also looking forward to your visit to Bologna. I still need to figure out how to do Skype.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Skype is the way to go. Mom and dad are travelling to the lake District but will keep in touch through MSN> I wish I was enjoying pasta next to the Bridge of Sighs.

Elz said...

Lovely. I remember my travels in Italy fondly and your trip is bringing back wonderful memories. Also, the pasta looks divine!

Related Posts with Thumbnails