Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Saturday, June 19, 2010

Photohunt ~ six

The photohunt for this week is 'six'.
This is Madonna of the Red Angels (1400's), an oil by Giovanni Bellini. (not of the bellini drink fame) It is at the Galleria del Accademia in Venice. I was moved by the unique use of color.
and the fact that there are 6 red angels.
Happy Hunting Y'all!
Sandi

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL! I love your take on this weeks theme!

Lisa Pogue said...

LOVE IT!!!

Annie said...

Oh I'm so glad you got to go to the Accademia when you were in Venice. I love that painting and those sweet little angels. :)

Unknown said...

a great find for today's theme.

Kim, USA said...

I agree the colors are vivid and my first time to see red angels I used to see white ones. Happy Sunday!

Six petals

Anonymous said...

Awesome pic for the theme - those red putti (I agree about the unusual colouring) would be great with your fancy red shoes.

koralee said...

I so love this today too...thanks for sharing. xoxoxo

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Gorgeous painting, Sandi. The museums in Italy are all filled with treasures.

A TAle of Two Cities said...

This is really a unique painting--red angels--never seen anything like that!

Debi

Related Posts with Thumbnails