Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Thursday, June 03, 2010

Now THIS is a market

Yesterday, I wandered through the Rialto Market in Venice. It is right near the famous bridge... where it has been found for centuries.Parts of it are sheltered under a wide portico, that was built in 1907.
The market is divided between the Pescheria (the fish market) and the Erberia (the fruit and vegetable market). The sights and the smells are impossible to describe. This gives a new meaning to 'fresh'.
Jan and I found the Botarga we needed for our recipe~ I didn't know either, but it is the roe from a mullet fish. Jan did a great job with her Italian! This little shop carried all kinds of gourmet items.
All they need is a little WhistleStop.
Ciao y'all~
Sandi

4 comments:

nanny said...

Beautiful!!! I love the fruits and veggie one!!! I am so jealous!!!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I mirror Nanny's sentiments exactly.

Justabeachkat said...

Jealous!

When do you come home? You are coming home, right?

Hugs!
Kat

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Ah, Venizia! My favorite place in the whole world! You are so lucky, Sandi!

Related Posts with Thumbnails