Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Thursday, May 24, 2012

Flavors ~Chicken~ 'Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip'

Y'all have been tuned into the week of Chicken, now this is exciting stuff.
I ask you . . .what flavor does not go with chicken?
Of course my first thought was to make Southern fried chicken . . . But that includes flour and oil, salt and pepper ~ not very interesting flavors.
Then I decided Buffalo flavor. Buffalo Chicken Wings ~ with a twist. I love this dip! It is quick and easy, perfect for a summer afternoon with a cold brew by the pool.
Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip
4 ounce cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup hot wing sauce
1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
1 cup shredded cooked chicken
Crunchy celery sticks for dipping
Combine all ingredients in a small casserole. Add more or less hot sauce according to your taste. Top with cheddar cheese (I left this off to save the calories) Heat at 350○ for 25-30 minutes. Serve with frito chips or celery.

Join us for the ride on Facebook and our blog Flavors .

Happy Cooking y'all~
Sandi

2 comments:

tinyskillet said...

So funny I just posted something almost the same! I used mine in a wrap. Great minds!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Hubby and I made Buffalo wing the first time about two ago...coffee is on.

Related Posts with Thumbnails