Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Thursday, March 03, 2011

Pomodori e Vino ~ Zucchini

The weather here in Alabama has been awesome. We've had warm sunny days and cool clear nights. Spring-time is here!

When I saw that my recipe for this week was Zucchini with oregano... I rushed off to buy my herbs. To the garden center! It was the perfect afternoon to play in the dirt. I was able to get my pots planted with rosemary, basil and oregano.
I made a quick stop at the market to pick up some fresh zucchini~ never fresh enough to have the blossoms attached as you would see in Italy. It is as fresh as I could find locally. I am going to have to grow my own, or find a friendly neighbor with a garden if I want zucchini blossoms. I don't know why we haven't been on the fried blossom band wagon. I can look forward to some when I am in Italy in May.
Marcella's recipe for zucchini with oregano is just that. The simple layering of olive oil and garlic, with thinly sliced squash and fresh oregano. Fresh flavors that are so perfect together.
Remember to follow us along daily on Facebook or on the Pomodori e Vino Blog ...
Ciao Y'all,
Sandi

6 comments:

Chef E said...

Darn! I just came from the market and was thinking I wanted a new recipe for zucchini, next week, I will book mark this!

I thought bout planing too, but have to get my patio in order!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Wow...that green and dirt is SO enticing to me...we are a few weeks off from playing in the dirt here in the midwest! That will NOT stop me from enjoying YOURS though!

Love zucchini and these flavors together sound delicious! Will try it!

Lisa Pogue said...

mmmmm, this sounds like a keeper!!!

bj said...

I am linked to your meme for today but I see you haven't put it up.
I surely hope everything is ok and that you aren't sick.
xoxo bj

TheGourmetCoffeeGuy said...

Love your Zucchini and Oregano recipe: simple, tasty, fresh and healthy. Definitely something to try, thank you for sharing.

Lina said...

Nice Recipe!Thats very Healthy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails