Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Monday, March 07, 2011

More Wedding Blues

Happy Blue Monday!
I just have to share my latest wedding project!

It started with these Halloween signs that Big Lots was just begging me to take off their hands. I think they were 90% off of nothing.
First, I sanded and painted.
Then sanded and painted again.
Then another layer...
Finally I got to the fun part. I found the font that I liked for my signs. I am not the free-hand artist in the family. So, I printed off the words in the size I wanted.
Then I traced around the words in a sharpie that would bleed through to the wood.
Then it was easy to fill in with black paint.

I think they are perfect!
There will be no confusion as to where the dancing is :-)... after the wedding.
We want this to be official!
Don't forget to check in at Smiling Sally for more blues.
y'all enjoy~
Sandi

11 comments:

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

These are so cute and what a great idea! Very clever and cute!

pam said...

Those are perfect.

Donnie said...

They came out really well.

SmilingSally said...

Brilliant! They ARE perfect! Thanks for sharing.

Happy Blue Monday, Sandi.

barb cabot said...

You are so darn clever. This is a brilliant idea! So Cute! Brava Sandi!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Love these cute and thrifty signs!

Blessings,
Linda

Tanna said...

p.e.r.f.e.c.t!

LV said...

No one should get mixed up with those signs pointing the way. Very clever idea on your part. Job well done.

nanny said...

What a great idea.....
They are perfect!

Jingle said...

lovely wedding blues.
beautiful shots.

Anonymous said...

Really clever,Sandi. They look great!
Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails