Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday's Favorites ~ Pomodori e Vino

This is my Friday's Favorite for this week . . .
Fresh and simple salads... just in time for Spring!
This is a salad that is so simple and so full of flavor. It goes with almost any dish.
Romaine Lettuce Salad with Gorgonzla Cheese and Walnuts

Use the tender crunchy leaves of a head of Romaine Lettuce. The dressing is made with Olive Oil, Red Wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Bits of the Gorgonzola are blended into the oil and vinegar.
The salad is then assembled by tossing in the dressing~ then topped with walnuts and more cheese.
Next time I make it I am also going to include some slices of pear.
We have had so much fun following Marcella Hazan's Essentials of Italian Cooking. It's a Favorite...
What is your Friday's Favorite today?

Y'all join in,
Sandi

7 comments:

Sarah said...

This is one of my favorite salads to make and eat. Love it! So easy, yet full of crunch and flavor.
Thanks for hosting. ~ Sarah

Tanna said...

LOVE that kind of salad, Sandi! Love it! Thanks for the Fun Friday post!!

Roz | La Bella Vita Cucina said...

Sandi, This salad is the perfect example of simplicity's flavor! Simply perfect-o! I'm going to go and find your other blog now! Ciao! Have a most wonderful weekend!

Roz | La Bella Vita Cucina said...

Hi Sandi (again), I'm all linked up and would love to have you stop on over and link up your salad or any other post that you'd like on my weekend get-together. I thought that your Pomodori e Vino button was another blog, but I'm thinking now that it is a Facebook page. . . . yes/nor? I'm confused (which is normal)!

Yna said...

Nice Recipe!Thats very Healthy.

Fresh Local and Best said...

This is one of my favorite combinations pears, with gorgonzola and walnuts. This salad looks terrific!

barb said...

This is a favorite salad here also. I have been using pecans since I have leftovers from the holiday cooking. Gorgonzola rules over bleu cheese!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails