Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday's Favorites ~ Guacamole

This is my weakness. When I'm at the Piggly Wiggly, I'll walk by and give the avacados a squeeze just to see if there is any guacamole in the near future.

I make mine with fresh ingredients... a bit of lime juice, purple onion, cilantro, jalapenos and tomatoes. A pinch of salt if I need.

You know the secret to keeping your guacamole from turning brown is nestling the avocado seed in the mix. Honestly... It works! My Favorite way to fresh guacamole is in a Margarita glass . . . With that seed in the bottom of the glass.

Brilliant!


Now, Do y'all have a favorite today?
join in the linky party~

Sandi

13 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Oh that looks good. Something good and green for St. Patty's Day! Good idea about using the seed. I'll remember that.

Hugs,
Kat

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

I love this idea of serving your guacamole in a Margarita glass! Cute! I just picked up an avocado yesterday. Might have to pick up another one today and make some for tonight. Thanks for the idea!~

Elz said...

My husband and you should have a guacamole tasting. he makes (what I've heard) is a great guac. I don't eat guac-totally weird for a Texan. I don't know what it is-texture? color? My chips are happy with queso though!

The Single Nester said...

Guacamole is one of my most favorite things!

Roz | La Bella Vita Cucina said...

Sandi, I'm the same way in the produce section . . . always eyeing the avocados for their readiness! Sadly, they were $2 each yesterday. ouch! I just love this maragarita glass presentation and will need to remember that the next time I make gwak! I'm all linked up to your party and I'd love to have you stop over to mine that is going on and add a great post. Roz

nanny said...

Your Guac. looks delicious....
Hope you have plenty more of those glasses(for the margarita) lol

La Petite Gallery said...

That is such a clever way to serve it. Thanks for the tip about the pit.

yvonne

barb cabot said...

Love the look of your guacamole...very authentic...also love the glass container. Great idea Sandi!

barb cabot said...

Love the look of your guacamole...very authentic...also love the glass container. Great idea Sandi!

pam said...

Seriously? Putting the pit in it really works??

HaleyLeann said...

Thanks for the tip on the avocado seed! That's so cool! Thanks for hosting!

Tanna said...

Sandi, I LOVE guacamole!! And, yours looks devine!! My family has always put the seed in... but around here it never lasts long enough to turn brown. LOL! Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip about the seed - I'm going to try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails