Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Friday, August 06, 2010

Friday's Favorites Linky Party ~and a recipe!

I♥ Friday!
It is time to show off our Favorites.

This is the perfect favorite for a summer time linky party.
Guinness Ice Cream
Guinness (16 ounces)
2 cups whole milk
2/3 cup sugar
6 egg yolks
1 vanilla bean, cut lengthwise
1 tablespoon dark molasses
2 cups heavy cream
Bring Guinness to a boil in a small saucepan, then simmer until it reduces to 1/2 cup. Allow to cool. In a double boiler, combine whole milk, sugar. Heat to 165 then slowly incorporate the egg yolks and whisk together. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean halves and add both the seeds and the empty beans to the pan along with the molasses. Stir constantly until mixture thickens, then strain the bits of egg yold. Add cream and Guinness to the mixture and refrigerate until chilled. Process in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer’s directions, then transfer to a covered container and freeze solid.You will be amazed at the flavor.
With each refreshing bite, you taste chocolate... not beer!

Now, put your spoons down~
y'all join in the linky party and share your ♥'s

Sandi


7 comments:

Christie said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! I linked up to your 'Friday's Favorites!' I love the parties! Thanks for hosting! three pixie lane

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

The Guinness ice cream sounds delicious... and I LOVE that it's so different it would be the talk of a party...I haven't seen ANYTHING like this since I was at "The Stinkin Rose" in San Fransisco and had "GARLIC Ice Cream"... Now that's weird!!!hehe
Thank you for this recipe!!!
Donna@Conghaile Cottage

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Okay, I've never had Guinness ice cream, but it sounds interesting. Thanks for posting about it.

:)
ButterYum

Amy said...

Thanks for linking up to my Round Robin. That sounds yummy.. I hope you come back again next week fro more fun.. Great to meet you.

The Glamorous Gourmet said...

Wow I can't imagine what that ice cream would taste like but I bet my husband will love it! Thanks for a very creative recipe. I just signed up to follow your fabulous blog - stop by and visit me sometime at www.stephaniesavorsthemoment.com. I look forward to your next post - Cheers!

Justabeachkat said...

At first I thought beer? yuk! But then you mentioned it tasted like chocolate. You got me!

Hugs,
Kat

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Ha! The first time I had a Guinness, I said to the husband, who was yet the husband, that I could see this as an ice cream float. He laughed. Whose laughing now! Thanks for the recipe

Su-sieee! Mac
This and That. Here and There. Now, Sometimes Then.

Related Posts with Thumbnails