Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Another figgy recipe

These figs have just been beautiful. To beautiful to hide in a jar of jelly. This is a easy peasy coffee cake. It is good enough to eat without any icing or topping... although a smear of figgy jam would be wonderful.

Fig Coffee Cake
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup yogurt
2 eggs
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
Zest of one orange
12-15 figs
preheat the oven to 350○
Combine butter and sugar until smooth. Whisk in eggs and yogurt. Stir in dry ingredients until well blended. Pour into a 9"round cake pan (sprayed with pam of course) Slice the figs into 1/4 inch slices. Arrange lightly on the top of the coffee cake.
Bake for 40 minutes.
Y'all enjoy~
Sandi

7 comments:

Char said...

oh man...yum - that looks divine

pam said...

I'm going to print this off and show it to my baby fig tree. He needs to be inspired.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I love figs and this recipe looks wonderful! I see another great fig recipe down a couple of posts too that looks great.

fuat gencal said...

Hayırlı sabahlar. Ellerinize sağlık. Çok güzel ve leziz görünüyor.

Saygılar.

Fresh Local and Best said...

This fig coffee cake looks absolutely fabulous. I adore the blushed pink on each fig.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I have been chasing those elusive figs and have not come across trgem yet this year. Now I have my fingers and toes crossed.

Sugar Bear said...

This looks sooo good. I adore figs!
Karla

Related Posts with Thumbnails