Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday's Favorite ♥Linky Party♥

I♥ Friday!
It is time to show off our Favorites.
When was making my lasagna this week~ I thought of one of my Favorite trips in Italy.

To the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese factory. We got to see the whole process... from the cow to the aging process. Take a deep breath~ can you imagine this smell??This has aged for 2 years. It is amazing!

I managed to carry some home in my suitcase.So now it can be my Friday's Fav!

Share your favorite's this friday~
Anything goes.
Pick up a Linky Party logo if you'd like. We do this every friday.

Y'all come back,
Sandi



9 comments:

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

I LOVE the flavor Parmesan Reggiano gives to everything it touches. I would love to tour where it is actually made some day myself. Thanks for the great photos!

Dar said...

Now, being from the Colby cheese area, those cheese wheels look like serious business for we cheese connoisseurs.
I'd love to visit the aging room. What a glorious sight.
Thanks for sharing your tour.
BlessYourHeart

It's Just Dottie said...

I would love to have a piece of your cheese !!! I had a very hard time finding a piece of Parmesan Reggiano with the rind . I make a great kale soup and I use it in the broth.
Dottie

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Hello, just discovered your lovely blog. :-) Reading about the cheese just makes me want some now. Yum!

A Tale of Two Cities said...

Bet that would have been fascinating--you can't beat the REAL thing compared to that funny stuff in the green can!

Debi

Unknown said...

Ok, I'll admit it - I've always been to cheap to buy Parm Reggiano! Got to give it a try. I adore fresh parm.

I've also got to get back to my food blog. Been months since I've posted. You're an inspiration!

I'm not a cook, but am trying to learn after all these years. I always leave it up to the Hubs. Especially during summer cuz he bbqs all the time.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I have had that very cheese and it IS AMAZING! I love it with some basalmic and onion compote on some good french bread and a slice of cheese. Amazing! Something I learned from my Italian bred friend.

Fresh Local and Best said...

This looks like an amazing experience! I love have loved to have seen those towering stacks of parmesan wheels!

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Great pictures! This tour is sooo up my alley.

Related Posts with Thumbnails