Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Tuesday, July 27, 2010

another project?

Another trip to Hobby Lobby and another project!
I found these great frames on the marked down aisle in Hobby Lobby.
Cute? But not at all what I wanted. So I bought them anyway.
(is there anyone who can't see through this logic?)
I found some 'textured' spray paint in the color I wanted. The texture helped to cover up the family.family.family.
I printed some of our favorite photos of the beach.
Bill hung them for me (using more math than I would have) Perfectly!
They are just what I needed in my beachy sunroom. I love having casual dinner's in here... with chairs that don't mind if you've just gotten out of the pool!
I am linking up to a couple of linky parties... remember we have Friday's Favorites here at the WhistleStop~Y'all come join us!
Sandi

9 comments:

Elz said...

You know I love a good craft project. I love how spray paint can transform anything!

Char said...

they look great on the wall!

Secret Restaurant Recipes said...

Good Job! You sure are crafty! We love receiving your RSS Feed. Keep up the good work and keep giving us these great ideas!

Thank you!

restaurant recipes

Tanna said...

Those frames look like a designer project!!! Great job, Sandi. I love the width! Perfection!

Megan Gunyan said...

I didn't realize they were so big! They look lovely! I love the color and the size!

I would love for you to check out my blog for a fun giveaway! alittleknickknack.blogspot.com

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

I am kicking myself in the butt right now. I have been on the hunt for a small square frame for a specific painting I bought in Japan - I saw these at HL and it never occured to me to do this...and they were such a steal. It is so much fun to see how others can turn one thing into another!!

Sue said...

Your pic caught my eye in the link- I found the same frames yesterday at HL except they said "King and Queen" instead of "Family." Not a bad buy @$2.75 since paint is gonna work wonders to change mine, too! Yours look great.
:-) Sue

j said...

That is a striking re-do. I've seen frames similar to yours - thanks for the great idea!

Palma said...

Love the frames!

Related Posts with Thumbnails