Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday's Favorites ~It's a Linky Party~

I♥ Friday!
It is time to show off our Favorites.

My favorite this week is just in time for another hot weekend...laying around the pool~
Peach-Basil Sangria
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
1 can peach nectar
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 fresh peach and orange
1 (750 milliliter) bottle white wine
In a small sauce pan heat the peach nectar and lemon juice with the sugar, stir until combined. Add torn fresh basil and stir. Remove from the heat and allow to sit to infuse the flavor of the basil. Slice firm peaches and oranges and place in a glass pitcher. Strain in infused peach juice to remove basil bits. Add white wine and chill. Taste to adjust sweetness.
What's not to ♥ about that?




Come join the party ~ Y'all share your favorites for this friday.
Sandi

10 comments:

George said...

Hi,

This is a wonderful blog! It was a very good read.

I was wondering if you would be interested in guest blogging on my blog. It is a collection of my travels and the travels of my guests. If you scan the site you can see that now almost 100% of the posts are from guests. Lately I’ve been finding many people interested in guest posting.

Included in your post will be a link to your website using whatever anchor text or key words you wish and a description of your site (if you choose to include one.)

My blog (onetravel.wordpress.com) receives about 2000 visitors a day and that number is steadily growing.

So if you are interested in being a guest, please let me know.

Send me an Email:
gchristodoulou(-at-)OneTravel(-dot-)com

Warm Regards,
George Christodoulou
Travel Blogger | OneTravel
gchristodoulou(-at-)OneTravel(-dot-)com

Angie's Recipes said...

Peach-Basil Sangria sounds fantastic for the weekend afternoon party!

p.s Found your blog through BO's giveaway post. :-)) Definitely come back for more flavourful treat!
I wish you a lovely weekend!
Angie

Char said...

oh my goodness - that sounds sinfully good!

Bo said...

Sandi I will be taking your advice...I'll be getting a new pic.

Kristin (Book Sniffers Anonymous) said...

I have never had sangria before but I want to try it. Your recipe sounds unique and delicious! I am sure it is a hit at a party.

Justabeachkat said...

Oh.my.word! Does that sound delish?!

Question - just how long do you have to wait for the basil to infuse? In other words, how quickly can it be put together...and ready to drink? wink wink


Happy weekend!

Hugs,
Kat

Lorraine said...

Your sangria looks wonderfully refreshing:) Thanks for the link up. Found you on Bo's Bowl. Nice blog!

The Single Nester said...

I haven't had Sangria since a bad experience at a friend's house. It was so utterly bad. I will have to try this.

Tanna said...

Sandi, that sangria recipe looks like it would hit the spot.

Kalyn Denny said...

Love the Peach-Basil Sangria! What a great recipe.

Related Posts with Thumbnails