Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Tagged again

Waynne is a fantastic artist and blogging friend. Y'all need to check out her blog, she also has an etsy shoppe with some fantastic stuff. She does the most amazing multi-media work.

Wy tagged me recently with the '6 things about you' tag. I have done this before about me, about Bill, about southern 'thangs'.

Y'all have got to be tired of hearing things about me! I do appreciate her tag though... So I will try something different.

How 'bout 6 of my favorite recipes?

Orange Bar-b-Q Shrimp~ a quick and easy appetizer with an orange cocktail sauce.

Deviled Eggs~ a southern favorite

Chimmichuri Sauce~ made of fresh herbs and is the perfect compliment to grilled chicken or pork

Peachy Pork Chops~ grilled with fresh Chilton county peaches

Glazed Salmon~ with a citrusy orange glaze

Hummingbird Cake~ for a piece of south in your mouth

Actually that sounds like a pretty good menu for this weekend!

Thanks for the Tag Waynne~
Y'all pop in and tell her Hi!
Sandi
Sandi McBride reminded me that I left off the most important recipe of all...Fried Green Tomatoes. What was I thinking?

8 comments:

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I baked so many of those cakes last year to help pay for my computer...LOL...and now I do not want to make one for my husband who loves them....Smiles

tut-tut said...

Hummingbird cake is unique to the South; I'd never heard of it before moving here!

Terri said...

Wow! That's some menu! I will definitely be trying some of those recipes.
God bless.
Terri

Heather said...

love her art... and yumo!

Donna Kay said...

Thank you for your favorites!! I think I could live off deviled eggs - I love to put a few bacon pieces in mine!!!
Bless....

Sandi McBride said...

But don't forget the fried green tomatoes from the Whistle Stop Cafe...
Sandi

Anonymous said...

I love your blog, you have some really wonderful recipes on here.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Mary Isabella~ LOL, what ever it takes to feed the blog!
TutTut~ It is a southern thang
Terri~ Come on over and we'll cook out.
Atl Girl~ I knew you would like her things... have y'all ever met?
Donna Kay~ we don't want to be side by side at the same picnic. there would be an egg fight.
Sandi~ you are soo right. I'd better fix that right NOW!
Mandie~ come again!

Related Posts with Thumbnails