Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Monday, May 26, 2008

Pino's Tuscany

Today we had the most fun. We went on a tour of the countryside with Pino~ our personal guide. Pienza is my newest favoritists town. It is a charming combination of old and new. The views of the hills of Tuscany from the city wall are amazing!


Pino is charming and funny. He knows everything about his beloved Italy, and is happy to share it. He knows so much about the wine and olives in this area, and he kept us entertained. We nearly walked ourselves to death up and down the streets of Montepulciano. The weather has been perfect!





We went on a tour of the wineries and the Tuscan countryside. After enough wine tasting~ I'm just glad I wasn't doing the driving!

Here I am in the Tuscan country, dealing with a dial up internet and a 8 minute limit... now that is a challenge.

Ciao y'all,

Sandi

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds delightful! I'm so glad you're having fun!
Brenda

Gumbo Lily said...

What fun!
I loved the "Ciao y'all".....

Jody

Lisa Pogue said...

Beautiful, I'm happy you are taking us along!!

Justabeachkat said...

Oh, what fun you're having! I'm so glad you're able to post from there so we can follow along with your fun.

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

have fun and safe trip sandi! i can't wait to see all the photos!

Pearl Maple said...

Delightful blog posts on your dream holiday.

Tuscany is on my dream list too, for now i am starting an art journal of all the tips on where to go and what to see.

Hope you are enjoying yourself.

Related Posts with Thumbnails