Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday Slow Suppers ~Stir-fry

Our Sunday Supper this week is from Eden. She suggested a stir fry that was quick and easy... just what I needed this week.
Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
2 tablespoons peanut oil
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
2 onions, thinly sliced
1 cup sliced cabbage
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 cups sugar snap peas
1 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
Heat peanut oil in a wok or large skillet. When oil begins to smoke, quickly stir in 2 cloves minced garlic, ginger root, green onions and salt. Stir fry until onion becomes translucent, about 2 minutes. Add chicken and stir until opaque, about 3 minutes. Add remaining 4 cloves minced garlic and stir. Add sweet onions, cabbage, bell pepper, peas and 1/2 cup of the broth/water and cover.

In a small bowl, mix the remaining 1/2 cup broth/water, soy sauce, sugar and cornstarch. Add sauce mixture to wok/skillet and stir until chicken and vegetables are coated with the thickened sauce. Serve immediately.

I served mine on a bed of rice noodles. I added a few extra vegetables and some cilantro ...the sauce was great!
I'll be making this again.

Y'all enjoy~
Sandi

7 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Hi Girlfriend!

Yum...that's look so good.

My time on the computer has been limited lately (and probably will be until after the wedding), but I've had fun catching up with you tonight.

Hugs!
Kat

nanny said...

I love stir fry....I wish my husband like it! That looks so good!

Chef Aimee said...

What a perfect springtime stir fry - you plated it so nicely! I like that you had it with noodles instead of rice!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

My mouth is watering. This looks absolutely delightful. Thank you for sharing it with us. My hubby loves stir fry.

Sandra said...

This looks so good! I copied it down, and will have to try it!!

Elz said...

We love stir fry and may have to try this recipe. My husband cooks excellent asian food, often just "winging" the recipe. Hmmm, maybe we need to have stiry fry tonight!

Bo said...

Looks great...we eat a lot of dishes like this at my house...it's healthy and light...I will have to try your recipe..

Related Posts with Thumbnails