Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Monday, April 12, 2010

Special Request...

My niece Haley caught me on facebook and IM'd me for the family favorite chicken casserole. I told her to search the blog (using the search box with the magnifying glass at the top).

OMG...
100 things to do with a chicken, and no chicken casserole!
Not the fancy chicken casserole with broccoli and curry (It looks like I need to do that one too), the plain one with no veggies.
Not everyone eats veggies, apparently!Here you go, by special request~

Family Favorite Chicken Casserole
2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
3 eggs
1 can cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup mayo
1 can sliced water chestnuts
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chopped celery
1 onion, diced
1 cup cooked rice
1 Tbs lemon juice
Corn Flake crumbs
Mix all ingredients, except crumbs in a large bowl. Pour into a sprayed casserole dish. Cover generously with corn flake crumbs. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.

Y'all enjoy!
Aunt Sandi

6 comments:

Haley said...

Thank you very much.. now im off to put the casserole together!

Tanna said...

Sandi, you are so sweet to fill special requests... that the rest of us get to benefit from also! Oh, that sounds sooooooo yummy! And, a special thanks to Haley, too, for asking! =)

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Haley~ I am just thrilled that you'd want the recipe!
Noni~ One day your 'lil man will be calling for a family recipe... life goes by all to quickly.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Isn't facebook fun? I keep up with my nieces and nephews on it. Sound slike a yummy casserole!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

You have inspired me to post a simple but delicious recipe I made yesterday that although not a family favourite it reminds me of my younger days and travel.

grace said...

i've eaten something similar to this for as long as i can remember. the main difference in your recipe is the water chestnuts--great addition!

Related Posts with Thumbnails