Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Just another day...

Just another day in Paradise!
Monday is a perfect example of my favorite way to spend a day.
Lunch with a friend, sitting outside on a beautiful spring day at the California Kitchen. I ordered some fried artichokes... nothing like the carciofi alla giudia Michelle was frying at
Pomodori e Vino today. Ahh~The taste of Rome! We had to swing through the Salvation Army ~AKA 'Sally Ann's... Rhoda has the eye for good stuff. I came home with a seashell... but saw this dress. What do you think? It could be the very same one I had them pick up years ago.




Off to the garden shop... carpet roses and peonies for the poorly neglected front of the house. My hope is, that once they get started, I can continue to neglect them and enjoy the pool in the back. New ferns for my pots. Tomatoes and 4 kinds of basil nestled in the dirt.
Just in time to enjoy the sunset on the back porch.

Just another day in Paradise... (plus some Alieve for my achin' back!)
I'm linking up for Outdoor Wednesday at A Southern Daydreamer.
Y'all enjoy!
Sandi

11 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

A day is perfect if spent with friends Sandi.

I'm Just a Southern Girl said...

Lovely stuff! I am ready to start planting too!
I dont think the SA in my town has good stuff like yours, however, there is hope for the Goodwill....
SG

Janet said...

what great shots!!!

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

I am such a sucker for those gorgeous ferns...I love them...great photos!!!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Val~ you are so right!
SG~ Rhoda is the one to find the good stuff... she has the eye.
Janet~ thanks! I think you can see the pollen floating.
Thoughtful~ I do treat myself to new ferns every year. I can't keep them alive over the winter. ;-(

Tanna said...

Yep. I'd say that was another day in paradise! Friends, food, flowers, sunshine and sunset. =)

Char said...

sounds like some of the best kind of days.

hope the alieve help!

The Decorative Dreamer said...

This does sound like a good day to me too! Your salvation Army sure does have some good stuff! One can always use plenty of ferns!

Natasha in Oz said...

I wish I could take you and Rhoda shopping with me! Looks like you had heaps of fun.

Best wishes,
Natasha.

barb cabot said...

It sounds like a dream day! I want one of those. Good for you Sandi.

Dar said...

That dress looks oh so comfy! Ferns are a fav of mine as well as carpet roses. Aleve is a back-saver for me too. Look out for the splashdown, I'm jumping in the pool with you.
Food always gets me interested!
A great day to you and your friends

Related Posts with Thumbnails