Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Wednesday, November 23, 2011

It's a Thanksgiving roundup

This is the first time in 'I don't know how many years' that I am cooking Thanksgiving at our own house.
Seriously... I can't remember doing the whole Thanksgiving in the last 20 years. . . maybe even more than that!
This year I even have my own personal chef to help. It helps to have a son with a Chef coat. Luckily Rob is smoking the turkey. I've got him in a salt/sweet sage brine right now.
We are also in charge of all the fixin's.
Y'all know it is all about digging up those old recipes.
That's when having a blog comes in handy ~
Cornbread Dressing
Cranberry Chutney and Spicy Cranberries
Brussels Sprouts, Creamed Corn, and Collard Greens
Sweet Potatoes and Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Pumpkin Pie and Pecan Pie with a little whipped cream to top it off.
I hope I'm not forgetting anything!
Except maybe Alka-Seltzer :-)
Happy Thanksgiving y'all~
Sandi

2 comments:

pam said...

Happy Thanksgiving Sandi!

Anonymous said...

mmmmmm - where's the mac and cheese?

Have a great day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails