Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Wednesday, November 26, 2008

No time to blog~

I'm working hard in the kitchen on this Thanksgiving Eve.
The last of the cornbread is in the oven for the southern cornbread dressing. I'm using sourdough cornbread this year, I am hoping it doesn't make the dressing to sweet. You know family~ they will let me know!

After the oven is emptied the pies go in. I may sneak in a bourbon pecan pie this year and of course a pumpkin pie... As I'm searching my own blog for the pumpkin pie recipe, I realize that I have never posted it. Now I am going to have to dig through my recipe box to find it, goshdarnit.

Pumpkin Pie
1 can pure pumpkin
1/4 cup cream
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 Tbs flour
1/2 tsp each salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice
1/2 tsp lemon & vanilla extract
1/2 tsp melted butter.
Pre-heat oven to 425°

Mix pumpkin, cream, and eggs until smooth, add spices and blend. Mix in extracts. Pour into an unbaked pie shell and bake for 10 minutes. Then lower heat to 350° and bake for another 40-45 minutes. Use a pie crust shield to keep the crust from burning. (sorry for the picture of the pecan pie with a shield~ I'm sposed to be baking not blogging!)
I will sometimes use our WhistleStop Apple Crisp on the top... but tomorrow, I think I will leave it off. I have cinnamon ice cream or a little whipped cream (from Costco) to go along with the pies.
No one is going hungry!!
Y'all enjoy a Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Sandi

7 comments:

Char said...

yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmm

happy thanksgiving to you and yours.

Sally said...

My pie is in the oven right now. So, what am I doing? Reading blogs! LOL

Wishing you and yours a VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hey, Sandy, my turkey is baking & everything else is ready for the oven, so I'm chillin'! Hope you & Bill have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. It all sounds yummy. I should have hired you to make my pies...I cheated & went to Publix. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Sandi!

Darius T. Williams said...

Sounds good - and you're right...family will always let you know - lol.


-DTW
www.everydaycookin.blogspot.com

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

I hope y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Thanks for the recipes! We had a good one, but I am still tired from all the cooking & cleaning!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Happy Thanksgiving y'all~ Thanks for stopping in and taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails