Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Turkey Breasts galore

At the Mc's house, Thanksgiving turkey is usually a deep fried turkey. I posted last year on how we fry our turkey. It really does make the moistest (is that the word?) turkey! That will be the bird for the big day.

I've been wanting to try out this recipe for a stuffed turkey breast, so I thought I would do it in time for y'all to use the recipe. Turkey 2 weeks in a row won't hurt! This is adapted from a recipe I saw on the food network (I think). I used a combination of figs, apricots and cranberries; you could use a combination of whatever you like.


Stuffed Turkey Breast
boneless turkey breast
2 cups dried figs, apricots, and cranberries
1 small onion, diced
3 pieces of bacon, cubed
2 Tbs fresh sage
2 Tbs Italian parsley
2 Tbs olive oil
1/4 cup red wine
Fresh ground pepper
Pre heat oven to 350°


Chop the dried fruit, onion, and herbs. Saute in olive oil with bacon until tender. Open the turkey breast and fill the center with the fruit mix. Wrap and bake the turkey until it reaches the temp of 165°. Meanwhile, in the skillet, add the red wine and de-glaze the pan with any bits of fig, bacon, and herbs. Add the turkey drippings to the pan and cook down to a thickened glaze.
I served this with some Roasted Rosemary Potatoes and Creamed Spinach. It was very moist, and the fruit added a light cranberry dressing. Since it is just us, I'll leave off the Pecan Pie. That will have to wait till next week.
Y'all enjoy!
Sandi

8 comments:

Sandi McBride said...

That looks so good...I adore figs, so this will be something I'd try. I'm excited because tomorrow is my sourdough pancake day...I'm looking forward to it.
Sandi

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

So pretty and fancy! My family would be most impressed with that!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Sandi~ I can't wait to hear how the pancakes do... infact I'll be right over!
Leigh~ You could impress them with not much work...now that is impressive :-)

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

Ahhhh my mouth is watering already! I do like the turkey breast idea... I am not one for dealing with all the turkey leftovers! lol (But I do love turkey sandwiches.) This looks SOOOOO good!

(PS if you scoot on over to sidewalk-shoes blog, and find her post or two down, she noted she had problems as well - really a shame.)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

This looks delicious and perfect for a small Thanksgiving dinner.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Looks delish! I need to cook more turkey!

Pearl Maple said...

Yummmo !
Figs would make this a tasty dish. Thanks for all the wonderful and tempting recipes you share with us all.

Vonda said...

Oh my this looks fabulous!

Sandi, thank you so much for letting me know about Oprah's special on the photo book. I got mine in on time and I did one on European Travels. Can't wait to get it back.

Related Posts with Thumbnails