Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Sunday, May 01, 2011

Pomodori e Vino ~ Zabaglione

I decided to make my Zabaglione when I had a little help in the kitchen. Little did I know that this dessert recipe would bring on criticism from my son, the Chef-to-be.
To be honest... my son is right. (this time and this time only)The criticism has nothing to do with Marcella's recipe for Zabaglione, but the fact that I don't have a legit double boiler. I have made countless egg custards, chocolate sauces, and lemon curds; my 'ghetto' system of steel bowl in a pot of boiling water has served me well.




Until now.
We took the time to make the Zabaglione together. This recipe is really very simple... warmed egg yolks and sugar, whipped to a frenzy. Add a nice Marsala wine and whip to a froth. This is served over fruit and has the most unique sweet warm spiced wine flavor. It is something I would make again.

And maybe I'll be getting a real double boiler for Mother's Day.
Ciao y'all~
Sandi

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails