Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Florence ~ The Gelato Trail


While I am here in Florence, I have planned to be on the gelato trail. It's a tough job... but I think I am up to the challenge.
My first stop will be Grom on the Via del Campanile. This is a Piedmonte-based company, that uses only the best ingredients, with a monthly flavor list online. I hear they have the best cone in Florence.

I'll have to stop in Gelateria La Carraia located just off Santa Trinità Bridge. I've been told they have the creamiest gelato, best tangy yogurt. I will get the one euro cone heaped high... and have plenty of money for the leather market.
I have heard about the Gelateria Carapina on Via Lambertesca 118r. This seems to be a trendy place with young Florentine owner. Online they posts a calendar of ripe fruit and only makes those flavors when they are at their peak. I've have to try the Menta (mint), and Chocolate with ginger. Of course~ PercheNo! at the Piazza della Signoria~ I have to taste Crema, which is cooked in the old way with lemon rinds and vanilla and my favorite Pistachio with natural Sicilian pistachios. First... to recover from the jet lag.
Perchè No?
Ciao y'all~
Sandi

3 comments:

Tanna said...

Florence is looking better all the time... I'm just sayin'.

Justabeachkat said...

Stop it! It's only 7:44 AM and I'm drooling.....

Hugs,
Kat

Lina Thomlinson said...

It is my dream to one day visit Florence and I'm not joking when I say it's at least partially so I can try the gelato. Enjoy your treats!

Related Posts with Thumbnails