Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Monday, May 16, 2011

Florence ~ My 'home'

One of the things I love best about going back to Florence is getting to see old frends. While I am here I always stay at Hotel Burchianti. It is a small hotel that is on Via Del Giglio, within a few blocks of the train station. It is just steps from Santa Maria Novella and a short walk to the Duomo and Leather Market.

The hotel Burchianti established in 1936 by the Burchianti sisters under the name Pensione Burchianti. The building it is in is the Castiglioni Palace...Now, my home. All of the rooms have original frescoes, and are beautifully decorated. There are only 11 rooms, so you have the feeling of staying in someone's beautiful Italian home.
I love the fact that Mario is always there to great me with a smile and a warm 'buono gionatta'.

Ciao y'all~
Sandi

3 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

I repeat....I AM JEALOUS!

Hugs,
Kat

Tanna said...

I am thinking we are going to have to add a side trip to stay here for a while!!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Enjoy Sandi!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails