Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Thursday, September 03, 2009

Just Peachy


We are at the end of Chilton County peach season. The peaches have been beautiful this year! Sweet and juicy.
I have posted a bushel of peachy recipes~ peach salsa, peach and prosciutto pizza, pork chops, butter rum peaches, and peach ice cream.
Y'all remember that all the recipes are on my side bar.

I was trying to find something new and exciting to do with my peaches... and I found it. This is a variation of a recipe that I saw in Cooking Light. I added some fresh rosemary, because my planters are overflowing.

Peach Quesadillas
Sauce
2 Tbs honey
2 tsp lime juice
a pinch of minced rosemary
Quesadillas
2 firm peaches
1 Tbs minced rosemary
1 tsp brown sugar
3 oz brie, thinly sliced
4 flour tortillas
Slice the peaches thinly, firm peaches work better than really juicy ones. Combine peaches with brown sugar and minced rosemary then set aside.
To make the sauce, combine honey and lime juice with a pinch of the minced rosemary. Place in the fridge while you make the quesadillas.
Spray a pan with cooking spray. Form quesadillas by laying peaches and brie on half of the tortilla. Fold over and cook on each side for 2 minutes, until lightly browned. Cut into 3 sections and serve warm with dipping sauce.
I am tellin' you... These are yummilicious!
Y'all enjoy~
Sandi

6 comments:

Char said...

oh my - they look fantastic

Beth said...

Oooooh...be still my heart! I love me some peaches! You have the BEST recipes ;)

nanny said...

Those peaches look awesome. I can almost taste them... I did not have any good peaches this year. Well i had one while in Dallas, from farmers market. The ones in grocery stores had no flavor. I am so disappointed!!!

theUngourmet said...

Oh yum! I have never had peaches this way! Outstanding! ;P

Pearl Maple said...

Fall is a beautiful time of year with the harvest of so many fruits. Always enjoy your recipes and finally posted one myself. Hope you are having a great long weekend.

Sweet Home and Garden Carolina said...

Nothing beats a 'bama peach. We used to make peach ice cream when I was growing up. It's hard to find any here that come close.

Related Posts with Thumbnails