Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Sunday, September 06, 2009

Small Bites of Shrimp

We are starting our new Slow Travel Sunday Series. We have gone round the world with scoops and salads... and now we are taking small bites.

The challenge this time around will be appetizers. The tricky part is that each week we have picked a secret ingredient. I am excited to see what everyone comes up with.

We are easing in this week with 'shrimp'... that is not to challenging for me. We love shrimp and eat it a lot. I thought about a shrimp dip, but decided to go with football finger food instead.

Shrimp and Sausage
2 pounds wild gulf shrimp
1 pound sweet Italian sausage
1 onion
3 Tbs olive oil
3 Tbs herbs de Provence
sprigs fresh rosemary
Preheat oven to 400°
Slice sausage into bite sized chunks. Spread onto a large baking sheet covered with aluminum foil (for easier clean up) Sprinkle with some of the olive oil and herbs. Roast in a Hot oven for 15 minutes. Slice onion into 8 wedges. Mix onions and shrimp in with the sausages and coat with the remaining olive oil and herbs. Roast another 10-15 minutes until shrimp are pink and curled. Serve with plenty of napkins.

Now, lets see what appetizers we get from the other 'nibblers'. Leave your link on Mr Mcklinky.
Y'all enjoy!
Sandi
Next week's secret ingredient ~~~ Crab~~~


7 comments:

barb cabot said...

I'm so excited to follow the small bites posts. Love shrimp. Thanks for this great recipe Sandi. Happy Labor day weekend.

Annie said...

Yours looks delicious. And it's almost football weather!

Sandi McBride said...

We love shrimp anyway you serve it...this looks mighty tasty! Oh, and so glad to see you drop by my place and that you enjoyed my music player!
Sandi

Naturegirl said...

Sandy! It has been some time since I connected with you! Much has happened here in a year! Last year about this time were we not in Tuscany! You went first!
Nice to stop by and see yummy recipes once again! I'm still into "girly pink flowers!
hugs NG

Char said...

this is definitely on the must try list. I'm making shrimp tacos tomorrow

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Barb~ why aren't you cooking with us??
Annie~ It IS football season in the SEC
Sandi~ You have the greatest playlist... I had it going all morning.
Nature Girlie~ I just had to send you an email. I had lost touch!
Char~ Someone else posted shrimp tacos. Click on the mr mcklinky and find out who.

Trekcapri said...

Hi Sandi, great choice with the football season starting up! Your recipe looks simple and it looks really delicious. I don't eat pork, but I know of a great Turkey Apple sausage that I can use with your recipe.

Thanks so much. I look forward to trying your wonderful recipe soon. Enjoy your Labor holiday today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails