Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Friday, September 25, 2009

Thank You!


Some of you may have noticed that I haven't 'been around' all week. It is unlike me not to be visiting blogs or posting during the week. I can honestly say I haven't cooked a meal all week.

This week has been a mixture of reality that came rushing in, faith, and blessings. We had quite a scare with our son and have spent the week in the cardiac care unit at UAB hospital in Birmingham.

I am so very grateful to friends and family who have been such a support.
It helps to know that so many were praying for us... Not only our southern baptists, but we had some catholic rosary time as well (it helps to have that Vatican connection!).

We are also grateful to the skilled physicians at UAB and the wonderful nurses we met. What a team.

Rob is doing well and is going to 'hang out' with mom for the weekend before he heads back to school. That is when my heart will start to flutter!
In the mean time... am ready to sit down with Mr Obama and a cold glass of sweet tea and tell him what he can do with our health care system.
Thanks y'all for your friendships~
Sandi

9 comments:

lululu said...

oh, that explained my query finally!
glad that everything turned out fine.
all the best.

barb cabot said...

Sandi, So happy to hear that Rob is doing well now. Certainly a scare to you and yours and to all of us out here who hold you dear. You take care now.

Meals by Misty said...

I'm so sorry to see that you have had a scary week. I hope your weekend is perfect! I'll keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

Glad to see you're back...glad everything is okay! I like your new blog template, it looks great, first time I've seen it!
XOXO
Joni

Justabeachkat said...

Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow!

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes and your visits, even when I'm MIA which has been quite often lately.

Hugs!
Kat

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Thank you sweet friends.
Kat~ My new blog moto is 'Life comes First!' ~but take a camera along.

Baked Alaska said...

Sandi-I'm so glad your son is okay. I saw you mention something on Facebook about being at the hospital, but I didn't know what was going on. I'm sure that was a scarry time, but I pray that he's okay now. And very happy you got good health care for him.

Lisa Pogue said...

Oh my so very scary. I'm glad he's doing well and spending time with mama.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Thanks y'all for your sweet comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails