Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Monday, January 26, 2009

Road Trip

All Bill had to do was mention that we had a chance to take a road trip... My bags are always packed! Lula is ready to fly.

We called to our friend Charlene at Luxury Costal Vacations. She had a condo that would have otherwise been empty, and we jumped on it. We'd like to think we are doing our part to help the economy!

Perdido Beach is only a few hours away and is the most beautiful beach, nestled between Pensacola and Mobile. In fact Southern Living recently listed several gulf coast beaches as the best beach destinations.

Y'all come along!
Sandi

7 comments:

Char said...

enjoy - that is one of my favorite places in the world!

Chef E said...

Ohhhhh, my first trip to a 'real' beach down south was there! I am so jealous right now...I also asked hubby if there were any getaways in our very near future, like a cruise, or the bahamas...sand in my toes kind of thing, but a huge umbrella!

And no cooking of course!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

We have a place at Perdido Beach and I LOVE it because it is so quiet on that end. I wonder if the building of other condos will change that? Hope not!
Enjoy your stay! Drink a frozen drink for me.

2 Dogs said...

Wait for me. I'm going to pack my bags.

nanny said...

Sounds like so much fun!

Justabeachkat said...

Enjoy, but darn...wish you were coming here to "my" beach...we were voted #1 by Southern Living. Yeah!

Hugs!
Kat

Becky said...

Well I would just love to be at the beach with you. We always enjoy the Gulf beaches and I'm looking forward to going in the spring.

I love reading your blog and have given you an award. Check it out when you get a chance.
http://decolady-randommusings.blogspot.com/2009/01/blog-awards.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails