Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Gorgonzola potatoes

This is one of my favorite ways to make potatoes. It is a side dish that can go with almost anything. Our son was home from college for a quick visit and we had it just the other night with gorgeous steaks cooked in a skillet.

Gorgonzola Potatoes
3-4 large potatoes, chunked
salt and black pepper
ground nutmeg
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 cup half and half
3/4 cup gorgonzola crumbled (3oz)
2 tablespoons parmesean cheese
Preheat the oven 400°
In 8 or 9 inch square baking dish arrange half the potatoes; season with salt and pepper and then sprinkle with nutmeg. Top with onion and continue laying the rest of the potatoes on top. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add cream and half the cheese and cover with foil.
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Top with cheese and bake uncovered 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.

I have joined in the 'Scale Back Alabama' at work, so this might have been the last yummy potatoes I have for a while. At least they were worth the calories!

Time to get serious about promise #9 ~Eat less-Move more.

How are y'all doing with your goals?
Sandi

13 comments:

Char said...

YUM!!! bleu cheese and potatoes - what's not to like.

good luck with the challenge - that's wonderful.

Fran said...

The potatoes look delish! I need to get on a challenge.....maybe I should move back to AL!

Fran

Unknown said...

maybe its because I am hungry, but these sounds yummy!!

Lianne said...

Those look AMAZING! But, alas, I also began Scale Back Alabama today. No potatoes for me. *Sigh*

Please feel free to post some recipes for what you are eating now! :)

Justabeachkat said...

They look delish,but potatoes are a no no for me right now. I'll try them later, but when??? BTW, I would not have thought to add nutmeg. Interesting.

I hope you'll be sharing some low cal, low carb recipes while you participate in Scale Back Alabama.

Hugs!
Kat

Jack and Joann said...

That's a great dish to try. But I think I need to start a group called Scaled Back Virginia! LOL!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Lianne~ I guess that was rather mean of me! Now we know were to go for the recipe in March.
I'll be posting some light cooking recipes in the future...

barb said...

ya had me at gorgonzola.........ouch YUM!!! After eating this I guess I should go read about your challenge.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Sweet mercy!

Anonymous said...

Is this the recipe Palmabella whipped up in Italy? It looks delicious but not on my post Christmas pig diet! :-(

Barb said...

Looks so yummy ..........Barb

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Doodles~ I love almost anything with gorgonzola too. Therefore the need for a challenge. :-)
Jerry~ You'll see it is really close to Palma's... but not quite. Maybe I'll whip this one up in Montisi this year.

Lianne said...

No, it wasn't mean. I am okay with just licking the computer screen for now. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails