Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Indoor Grillin

Steak in a skillet~ that sounded perfect with our potatoes. We are having an 'Arctic Blast' here in Alabama. It is way to cold to go out and light the grill!
These aren't your usual pan fried steaks, but a great way to cook thick juicy steaks.

I went to the local market and got 3 thick filet mignon. I asked for marbled steaks at least 2 inches thick... beautiful!
I marinated them for 30 minutes in our WhistleStop Marinade. Then I coated them well with fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt. Pre-heat the oven to 400°.

In a hot iron skillet I seared the steaks for 3 minutes on each side. Top each steak with a little pat of butter.

The skillet and all went into a hot oven and cooked then 8-10 minutes until the internal temp was 135° for medium rare. (I love my digital thermometer!)

If you aren't watching calories...Top with this sauce.

Gorgonzola Sauce

1/2 cup heavy cream

4 oz gorgonzola

Salt & Pepper
Heat cream to a slow simmer and cook till thickened. Add gorgonzola and season with salt and pepper. Top each steak with a spoonful of cream.

After all that... no great pictures to share. Can you believe it?
Y'all enjoy!
Sandi

4 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Hmmmmm...no photo? I guess you didn't want to risk getting some butter or sauce on your camera. Right? LOL

Hugs!
Kat

nanny said...

I love cooking steaks like that....hubbie still thinks they need to go on grill....Not!

Anonymous said...

I bet Bill was in heaven!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

kat~ That... and I didn't dare leave my steak unattended!
Nanny~ next time it is nasty outside just give this a try. Tell him Aunt Sister said to.
Jerry~ finally~ no soup! Just some real meat and potatoes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails