Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Friday, January 04, 2008

Centerpiece of the Month ~December

December was an exciting month for the Centerpiece of the Month. Everyone was decorating for the holidays, and we got some fun ideas.


It only takes a minute to send in a link. We are so glad these friends did.




For some reason red tulips are perfect for Christmas... I think it is pure extravagance. Jelly Pizza sent in a beautiful arrangement with special holiday lighting.

Janelle at Talk of Tomatoes started the Centerpiece of the Month, and sent in a colorful candy cane arrangement. This centerpiece probably didn't last long!

Rhoda created this beautiful centerpiece using gold balls and strings of pearls. with natural greenery on a silver tray. She is the essence of Southern Hospitality. This picture doesn't do justice~ so pop over and see her whole dining room.

Bunny's Bungalow is where DebraK had these 2 beautiful centerpieces. The soup tureen was dressed up for the holidays in the dining room. In the kitchen sat a rooster, with a holiday surprise. So Perfect!

Meeta at the Daily Tiffin puts a lot of thought and talent into her centerpieces. I look forward to hers every month. This Christmas she started with a grapevine wreath and worked in colors of brown and beige with a splash of color.




















Wouldn't you agree that it works!

Sandi who is Rangus Pug's Mom sent in a photo of this centerpiece. It was a special bouquet that was made for her sister-n-law by their favorite florist. The whole table setting is festive!
We had fun last month voting on a winner. So once again, leave a comment and the winner will get a little sumpin' sumpin' in the mail. I think I know who my choice would be!
It's time to send in your centerpiece for January... what's on your table now?
Y'all vote for a winner.
Sandi

30 comments:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Happy New Year, Ms. Sandi! I'm gonna have to vote for Debra's. I love her style too & those creamy urns are just beautiful on her DR table.

Your 2008 list sounds great..hope you get to at least 1/2 of them, esp. the Tuscany part. Oh my,I'd love to go back to Italy.

xo,
Rhoda

Mosaic*Queen said...

Thanks for paying me a visit! Your blog looks like lots of fun! I will be back to participate!
Hugs!
Michelle

Hope said...

Hi Sandi,

I loved all the beautiful centerpieces and the creativity that went into them.

Thanks for sharing that.

Hugs,
Hope

tut-tut said...

They all look beautiful!

By the way, at the beginning of the jalapeno/sugar experiment I had my doubts (all that sugar! all those jalapenos; then the murky green . . .) but they taste absolutely delicious! Do you boil down the liquid, or just discard some of it??

Debra from Bungalow said...

How can you pick just one? They are all beautiful.

I think I'll vote for Ms. Rhoda's ....I bet it was stunnig in person.

Hugs, DebraK

Tami said...

Debra's is beautiful. Check out my site, I did some holiday entertaining with woodsy,whimsy theme.

Deborah aka Miss Bee said...

Oh, it's soooo hard to pick just one - I do love the richness of Debra's table centerpiece though...just beautiful!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

DebraK~3
Rhoda~1
Meeta~1
Tut-Tut~ I emailed you an answer... but we just discarded it. Can you think of anything to do with it? What a waste.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandi,

Nice to hear from you. I'll definitely be back here for a visit. Your recipes look scrumptious and hope to try a few this weekend so I can blow my resolution of eating salads for the rest of the year!

God bless,
Laura

Justabeachkat said...

Wow! Lots of eye candy and so many good ideas.

Hugs!
Kat

Deborah aka Miss Bee said...

Sandi, I wanted to thank you from my heart for your condolences when my mother passed away last month. You were most kind.

Blessings this New Year,
Deborah

whaleshaman said...

i like them all -- especially seeing them altogether on the page and scrolling down past their images on the same page.

thanks for all your hard work putting the collection together.

Sandi McBride said...

Okay Sandi, so I'm biased for Roosters...but I would vote for Meeta's Rooster...so unique and yet festive...

Sandi McBride said...

Oh, and for the pepper jelly, I'd put the remainder in a pint jelly jar (or 2) and in a water bath to seal it (15 minutes) and have it later...it's the perfect way to save it.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

DebraK~3
Rhoda~1
Meeta~2
Sandi~ thanks for the tip about the Jalapenos, a water bath would do it!

Gigi said...

They all look so lovely, but I am going to chose Debra's centerpiece. Thanks for sharing all the beautiful centerpieces. Happy New Year!

Southern Heart said...

They are all so pretty...it's almost impossible to choose just one, isn't it? But, Janelle's photo of the candy cane centerpiece was so fun, and stole my heart!

nannykim said...

Pretty centerpieces--thanks for sharing!!

Debra from Bungalow said...

Where is Meeta's rooster? I didn't see it :(

Unknown said...

These girls are always so talented! I need a new centerpiece for my dining room and can't decide on what to put in it.

Sandy said...

They are ALL so pretty. I love the candy canes. I vote for Meeta...I love the little bitty snowman.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

They are all so wonderful,but I like the candy canes. Originial and different. Smiles

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandi, just popping in to wish you a Happy New Year! We hope to become regular visitors to your delicious Blog in 2008!! Jenn and Jacqui

Anonymous said...

I have seen your name out there so many times and had to come by. I love it here. I would even eat some of those tomatoes with my coffee lol.
I just posted a few things lastnight I bought and Sandi at Holding patterns said you would see a center piece in the making. See my fav. Bird is the Cardinal. Living in the South I see few so I bought me one yesterday. Id like to make something for my livingroom table for the rest of the winter.If you don;t mind stop by and look at him.

Andi said...

I'm voting for Debra's! They're all so wonderful but I love her beautiful dining room table. And her decorated rooster I adore!!! Gave me lots of good ideas too.

My blog has gone private Sandi. I have sent you an invitation to the email listed on your blog which was in Bill's name.

Hope you're having a wonderful new year. And do check out my niece Janna's blog for a wonderful pork tenderloin recipe. The link is on my page.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Deborah~ loosing a mother is so very hard. I hope 2008 is kind to you.
Brenda~ you are welcome by the cafe any day! I'll pop over and check out your blog.
Andi~ I understand why you've gone 'private'. Sometimes it feels like our whole life is broadcast on the internet. (Not that it is all that interesting you know) I hope you still check in at the cafe. I always love hearing from you.

It looks like DebraK is in the lead by a smidge. If you count Sandi's vote as 1 for the rooster and 1 for Meeta. =D

Lori Lynn said...

I love the COTM concept, I have been meaning to participate. Thanks for bringing it to us, and Happy New Year, Sandi!

Tina Leavy said...

those all look very nice indeed!

Meeta K. Wolff said...

Happy New Year gorgeous! As always an awesome roundup!

I too vote of Debra. Her's was lovely!

Look forward to this months centerpiece!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Allrightythen~
We will call DebraK the winner! Meeta You do a beautiful job... I can't wait to see what is next.
All y'all do!

Related Posts with Thumbnails