Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Tuesday, September 18, 2007

You make me smile

I have been very lucky to recieve not one, but 2 tags recently. I am ashamed to say that I have been slow in thanking my friends for these. A southern gentle woman is always prompt in writing thank you notes. But~ I haven't even gotten the sand out of my suitcase yet. I don't think Scarlett ever had that problem.

First Sandi at Holding Patterns tagged me with the you make me smile award. She said "Sandi (I know it's not Bill since when she and the horsies were on a trip not a peep out of that Bill...bad Bill) over at the Whistlestop is fast becoming my favorite cook because she shares recipes and doesn't leave out ingredients, as some are wont to do. When I fix one of her dishes, it always makes me smile...when I see Whistlestop items in the local stores, I feel like yelling, hey, I know those folks! "

Sandi that just cracked me up! Don't think I won't use that as leverage with Bill.

Then she tagged me again with a special award ' You Lift Me Up'. This was an award for a handful of her bloggy friends. I am in good company! She used a picture of her moonflower with her award. I think as I pass this award on, I will use a picture of my own that will help my Friends know they 'Lift Me Up'. So let me tag Louise at Beachy's Cape Cod Cupboard , my friend Beach Kat who truly does lift me up everyday, Kari who is Living Large in Texas and helping us do the same, and Rhoda who is Southern Hospitality~ she manages to keep bloggin in spite of a busy work schedule.
Y'all Lift Me Up!
Sandi

13 comments:

Susie Q said...

You so deserve this award...being here always makes this Susie Q smile!
I hope your Wednesday is a sweet one!

Hugs,
Sue

Adriann said...

Nice awards and well deserving. I enjoy reading you blog for the humor and the recipes.

Blessings!

Justabeachkat said...

Congratulations on both awards, which you so much deserve! You make us all smile and you lift us up too!

Thank you so much for awarding me The You Lift Me Up award. I'm so touched. And excited.

Hugs!
Kat

Gigi said...

Well deserved awards! Congrats!

oak wind farm said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and trying to help me learn to post links! :) I will try that next time.

Always nice to meet a fellow Alabamian. I also loved the movies Fried Gren Toamtoes and The Whistle Stop Cafe. What an awesome honor for y'all to be affiliated with that!

I am adding y'all to my blog list!
I'm sure I will enjoy all the recipes too!

Carolyn @ Oak Wind Farm

Nunnie's Attic said...

Congratulations on both awards! It's so nice to be appreciated.

Love,
Julie

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Congratulations on your well-deserved awards! And thank YOU for tagging me ~ I am truly honored! When I next update my blog this week with this tag, may I use your lovely photo? =)

Sandi McBride said...

I can't believe it is already the 18th of September...Fall will soon be here...so, plan on staying home, no traipsing off to far away places for a few weeks, anyway, ok?

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Susie Q~ so far so good...hump day
Adriann~ Sometimes the humor is not intentional. You know how day to day can be.
Kat~ You are a bright spot in the day.
GiGi~ thanks cupcake
Carolyn~ I hope you stop in often.
Thanks Julie!
Louise~ I need to put a title in the picture- so hold off a little bit.
Sandi~ who me?? I'm off to the 'Palma' Desert next month!

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Sandi! I'm flattered beyond belief! The Fried Green Tomato Queen knows I'm alive! Or is this a pity vote from Bill. He probably thinks I'm still stinging from your "No Comment" on my "I'm a Comment Hog" post. Well, I don't care WHY you've said it, I'm running with it! Thank you so much. I thank you for thinking of me. It means a lot, truly it does.

Oh, and tell Bill that I'm a willow, I can bend. I'm over the hurt of the No Comment. Really. I am. It's over, it's done, I've moved on. I'm good now. Don't cry for me, either, Argentina. Am I rambling? That happens when I'm flummoxed, which I so obviously am because I still can't believe you think kindly of me! lol

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Kari~ I don't believe you are flummoxable.
LoL

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and well deserved awards!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the awards, well deserved.

Dr. L.T.

Related Posts with Thumbnails