Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Thursday, September 27, 2007

Almondine Chicken

It's been a while since I have posted a recipe... and we thought this would be a cooking blog. I know that none of you ever get in a rut!

This is an old family favorite. That quick 'go-to' dish when things get busy, and you need something quick and filling.

Almondine Chicken
4 chicken breasts
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup butter
2 Tbs flour
1/4 cup white wine
2 cloves garlic, diced
fresh rosemary
In a skillet, melt butter saute diced garlic. Dredge chicken breasts in flour with a little salt and pepper, and sliced almonds. Brown breasts in butter, turning once. Top with any remaining almonds and fresh rosemary. Add white wine. Cover and cook 10-20 minutes, until done. Serve with rice.

Any recipe that calls for you to 'brown breasts in butter' is traditionally southern cooking. Flavored sliced almonds make this that much easier~ If it could be any easier!
Y'all enjoy!
Sandi

21 comments:

kris said...

Oh this sounds and looks yummy - thanks for the recipe. (do you have an exercise program to go with all of these yummy recipes??)

T.W. Barritt at Culinary Types said...

I love simple chicken recipes that are full of flavor (and contain butter!) This looks excellent!

Justabeachkat said...

Chicken, butter, almonds...three of my favorite things! I'll be trying this one very soon!

Hugs!
Kat

Nunnie's Attic said...

Yum, yum, yum!!

Love,
Julie

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Kris~ Thanks for the visit
TW~ This is full of flavor!
Kat~ Don't forget the wine... and a tiny glass for the cook
Julie~ you are so right

Sandi McBride said...

Now that looks good...I might even get WTHF to try it, and he claims to hate chicken...

lululu said...

i've never tried chicken with almond. your dish looks devine!!!

Katie Zeller said...

Oh my, yes, I would enjoy that.... any left?

Peabody said...

That looks like a great dinner to keep me out of a rut.

PAT said...

Sounds yummy, Sandi! Those are some yummy looking fried green 'maters in your header, too!

Pat

Susan from Food Blogga said...

Anything with almonds is great to me. In fact, I've got some green beans I need to cook soon, and I think I'll make them "almondine." Thanks, Sandi!

Sandy McTier Designs said...

That recipe sounds yummy ~ gonna have to try this one too! Love the new banner on your blog.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Blessings,
Sandy :)

Tina Leavy said...

now that sounds yummy.

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Will have to try this one out. It is time for casseroles now that the weather is cooler. Any good recipes to share? We should have a casserole day...!!

TTYS,

Becky

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Butter!!!! Ilove butterlike chicken too.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

KatieZ~ at this house? There is never any left
Peabody~ such a rut. You are always posting the best things!
Susan~ almondine beans are always a favorite
Becky~ a casserole day is a great idea, I'm in!

Cape Cod Washashore said...

This sounds DELICIOUS! A nice twist on chicken... I've had trout almondine, but never chicken... and with all my kids' after school activities, workday meals need to be quick!

PS - we did another Whistlestop order this week! ;)

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Major yum! And easy too!

Heather said...

This looks really good - this will go on my "must try" list.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Oooooo, yum! I bet this is good. I'll have to try it sometime.
Enjoyed Fanny's video. My book club has already read most of her books--except Redbird Christmas, I think.

Susie Q said...

Oh my gosh this looks great!! I must try it! Thanks for this!

Hugs,
Sue

Related Posts with Thumbnails