Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Snickers, Junior Mints, Butterfingers too

How much left over Halloween candy do you have? The kids would always dump out the bags and sort through the 'good stuff'. I am going to go ahead and guess that no one needs to eat all of that candy- especially in one night. Tummy's are hurting this morning!
This is an easy recipe for a frozen pie that can be made with left-over candy bars. I have used butterfinger candy bars, but you could easily use just about any kind. Snickers, Reeses, Milky Ways... I think Junior Mints would really be yummy.
Butterfinger Pie
5 butterfinger candy bars
8oz cream cheese
8oz tub chocolate whipped cream
graham cracker shell
Freeze candy bars until stiff. Chop into small pieces with a large knife. Mix together cream cheese, and chocolate whipped cream until smooth. When well blended add chopped candy bars- reserve some for topping. Pour into a pre-made pie crust. Sprinkle the top with diced candy pieces. Freeze 1 hour before serving.
Y'all Enjoy!
Sandi

3 comments:

Riana Lagarde said...

OMG, I am trying to give up sugar, but this recipe has my mouth watering! I love to put junior mints in my salted popcorn at the movies... I am weird! But its GOOD!!!!

Anonymous said...

Now this is really going to sound wierd...but have you ever tried peanuts in a bottle of coke? Sweet and Salty. That is a Southern tradition for sure!

Anonymous said...

I like this. I've already printed the Butterfinger Pie receipe. Great job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails