Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Thursday, November 02, 2006

Recipe...nothing more than a guideline!


For me, a recipe is a guide line- a list of suggestions to cook with. I know there are always flavors that blend well together, so I am quick to add a little spice or an herb. My favorites are basil and rosemary, usually not at the same time! Many times I will use whatever I have on hand- a little more or a little less. I try to use low fat, low carb substitutions whenever they will work.
Having said that, let me be clear...not all things lend well to substitutions. Baking, like cakes, breads, or delicate soufflés are usually recipes that need to be followed carefully. Kind of like knitting- a sweater better be followed closely, but a scarf can include a little experimentation! I know this to be true, because I have knitted many a short armed sweater.
Feel free to take our recipe suggestions and make them yours. Let me know when you are able to make them better! I love hearing your comments.
Bye Y’all!
Sandi

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails