Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Monday, October 09, 2006

Retirement?



In an earlier blog I mentioned that our family sold the WhistleStop Cafe and Mom & Dad retired from the resturant business. I found these pictures and thought...who wouldn't rather wash babies?

They had spent years working day after day serving a 'meat and three' menu to hundreds every lunch, and some breakfasts and dinners as well. At home we can all still count on good southern cooking. They stay involved in the business and have been helpful with new cookbooks, and are always with trying out new products. But they now have the time to really appreciate things...like Mary Joan- the newest McMichael.

Life is to short to not enjoy the special moments! It isn't always about the money you make or the success you achieve... Sometimes it is just about living in the moment!

So, If you have a choice between washing dishes or washing babies... babies are so much sweeter!

Bye Y'all!
Sandi

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more. I love babies... too precious! We all know that time flies, so I'm glad your parents are getting to enjoy life during retirement. That's a wonderful thing.

barb cabot said...

Your post today led me to this entry which I had not read."Life is to short to not enjoy the special moments! It isn't always about the money you make or the success you achieve... Sometimes it is just about living in the moment!"

Such an appropriate reminder for my state of mind this morning. Thank you Sandi! Right on!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Barb~ I posted this two and a half years ago...Just what I needed today to. Thanks for reminding me.

Beat Slot Machines said...

Yes, thanks

Related Posts with Thumbnails