Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Wednesday, October 25, 2006

New England in the Fall...







The fall colors have been beautiful this year. I understand that it has to do with the amount of moisture in the leaves, the heat of the sun, the temperatures at night, the amount of wind; basically the glory of God!
I have spent a week in New England, from Providence, Rhode Island to Portsmouth, New Hampshire. I ate my way across country~ clam chowder in Providence, wellfleet oysters and lobster in Boston, butternut squash soup, pumpkin soup, and more chowder in New Hampshire.
I think this proves that good home cookin’ is not just a southern thing! There is good eatin’ all over this country.
We took a boat ride in the small boston whaler up (down?) the north river- which is on the south shore of Boston. Go Figure! It was beautiful. It is hard to believe that in another month it will all be covered with a layer of snow. To cold for me!!
I would love a recipe for some good pumpkin soup- anyone have one?
Y’all let me hear!
Sandi

1 comment:

Unknown said...

we already drank the buffalo rock gingerale and the pecans are hidden until Thanksgiving/Pecan pies!

Related Posts with Thumbnails