Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Salted Butterfingers

This is one of those Pinterest recipies . . . where I think ~ could that really work??? It first (I think) came from Plain Chicken. Here is my version . . . with a small change in the recipe.
If I'm having sweet . . . I also need salt.

So . . .  why the picture of candy corn?
This recipe starts with leftover candy corn.

Salted Butterfingers
1 lb. candy corn
16oz jar peanut butter
16oz pkg. chocolate candy coating
1-2 Tbs coarse salt
Start with candy corn and peanut butter in a large measuring cup.
Micowave in 30 second increments, stirring each time. It took about 3 minutes to get everything melted and creamy.
Press into an 8x8 pan that is lined with waxed paper.
Allow to cool until firm ( mine was in the fridge overnight and maybe a little to FIRM )
Cut into 1 inch squares.
Melt dark chocolate as directed on the package
Dip candy squared in melted chocolate. Lay on waxed paper to set and sprinkle with a few pieces of coarse salt.
Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
These are boo-licious!
Y'all enjoy,
Sandi

3 comments:

Mari said...

Yum! What a fun recipe!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

sounds yummo. I can't wait to try this out. I may wait until Halloween candy hits 50% off. LOL

Tanna said...

Wish I were trick or treating at your house!! ;) Happy Halloween!

Related Posts with Thumbnails