Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Rosemary in a cookie?

I have gotten my pots all filled with Basil and Rosemary. There is nothing like fresh herbs that are just a few steps from the kitchen.
Which brings me to these crazy cookies... I found this recipe on Guy Fieri's site (hush your moaning!) They were just crazed enough to intrigue me~ Oatmeal cookies with cranberries rather than raisins and some fresh rosemary. I changed the recipe up a bit, he called for coconut, and I left that out.

Craizy Cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), at room temperature
1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 cup dried cranberries
2 cups quick oats
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 350°
In a medium bowl, sift together flour, soda, powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with a mixer. Mix in honey and vanilla until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated. Mix in dried cranberries, oats and rosemary. Fold dry ingredients into butter mixture. Using a cookie scoop, place 2 inches apart on parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake until cookies turn golden, 13 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven to cooling rack. Let sit 5 minutes in the pan before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
Craizy! They are awesome.

Y'all enjoy~
Sandi

4 comments:

Tanna said...

Sounds DELICIOUS! thank you, Sandi! blessings ~ tanna

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Hi Sandi!!!
They look Crazy good!
Happy Easter girlfriend!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Sounds yummy. I love rosemary...so did my mom...and so does my daughter. When we buried my mom last week we had rosemary put in her blanket. It smelled so nice.

Anonymous said...

Sandy -

First of all, thanks for commenting on my GREEN Shoe Storage!! I am super glad you liked it!!

Secondly, These look wonderful and would be perfect for my Foodie Friday linky party - stop by this week and link up!

Oh, and if you haven’t done so already - don’t forget to pop on over to Little Brick Ranch to enter the Joey Totes Earth Day GIVEAWAY!!!

**Bloggy Tip of The Day - Make sure you have an email address associated with your profile to make it easier for people to reply to your comments!! :) **

Related Posts with Thumbnails